How can I advertise my home to rent for all or part of the track season via this site?
You can advertise your home for rent in three easy steps.
STEP 1: Download our advertising agreement. Read it and sign it.
STEP 2: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, attach the signed advertising agreement, and include a written description of your home that covers the following:
- Specifics about your house — size (square feet), number of bedrooms, bathrooms, and other details. How many people can your home accommodate? Do you have cable or satellite TV? A home wi-fi network? A pool or other amenities?
- Highlights of your neighborhood — is the house in downtown Saratoga Springs, in a subdevelopment or a nearby town? How far is it from the racetrack and Broadway?
- The cost and terms — minimum number of nights, check-in and check-out times, smoking or non-smoking, pets allowed or not, and whether parties are permitted. Note any required deposit and when payments are due. Note any security deposit and how long before it is returned after departure. Note your contact info, with both an email address and phone number.
- Up to 12 photos of your house – they should be hi-resolution and at least 800 pixels wide. Since emails with large photo attachments can be difficult to transmit, it’s best to put photos in a Google Doc or Dropbox and send us the shared link. Alternatively, send photos in batches, with no more than three photos attached to a single email.
STEP 3: Make a one-time, non-refundable payment of $150 to advertise your listing. There is no commission. After receiving your signed advertising agreement, listing description and photos, we will return the counter-signed agreement and send you an invoice. The fee is payable online via PayPal or credit card.
What you get:
- Within 48 hours of receiving your payment, we will post your listing on this site (and edit your ad copy for format, grammar and typos). Your listing will have its own page plus a link and photo on a landing page.
- We will promote your listing on social media platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Flipboard, and Instagram.
We suggest you consult an attorney or a sample rental agreement between homeowners and renters from a site such as Rocket Lawyer or Legal Templates. We also suggest you make basic preparations for renters, although what you do is up to you.
We suggest you create a welcome letter for your renters with important info, such as the nearest grocery store, hospital, gas station, liquor store, and your favorite nearby restaurants. You might also prepare a check-out letter with a list of tasks to do before departure, such as turning off lights and electronics, taking out the trash, stripping the beds of used linens, and so on.
The cost is a flat, non-refundable $150 to advertise your home for the upcoming track season, regardless of whether you rent your home or not. There is no commission. Our sole purpose is to connect you with interested potential renters. You’ll field any inquiries yourself. Your home will remain on the site for the duration of the 2018 Saratoga Race Course season or until you ask us to remove the listing.
Note that this website is not in anyway affiliated with or endorsed by the Saratoga Race Course, New York Racing Association (NYRA), or any of its affiliates.